04 Mar Evernote – My Favorite Note Taking Tool
Imagine 1000 sticky notes that are organized and available at the click of a mouse. Meet Evernote. Evernote is a cloud based application that can be accessed from just about anywhere – your PC, your Mac, your iPhone, your iPad and/or your Android phone. And it’s FREE! Go to www.evernote.com and download it. Play with it. Basically, all you need to know to get started is that you make a note – give it a title and Evernote saves it. Then when you want to find it you can search on any word in the note and it will pull it up for you. Later, when you get more comfortable with it, you can take pictures into your notes, cut and paste links and photos into your notes, and even do voice to text input. Here are some ideas about how I use mine:
- Favorite lists: books to read, restaurants to go to (each city has its own note), wines to try, nail polish colors I like
- Numbers: Frequent Flyer Numbers, Insurance numbers, Clothing/Shoe sizes
- Maps: Pictures of how to get from point to point
- Things to Buy: Pictures of my odd size light bulb for my desk or the humidifier filter I only have to buy once a year
- Lists of names: friend’s kids/ grand kids/ husbands names, etc.
- Notes from meetings
- Summary notes from articles or books
- Absolutely anything that is on scrap of paper that can now be placed into a sortable manageable system
Evernote is really a simple system to use. Do yourself a favor and try it today.