01 Apr Why Bother Getting Organized
The only reason to get organized is to get something you want but don’t have. I’m sure you’re familiar with Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, but have you ever thought about this from an organizational perspective. Getting organized and being more productive is a direct way to satisfy a basic human need.
But how do you motivate yourself to GET ORGANIZED?
Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want:
- Don’t say: I can never find anything
- Do say: I want to be able to find what I need it when I need it
Understand the benefits of getting organized:
- Your most important work gets done
- You waste less time looking for things you know you have but can’t find
- You spend less money buying things you know you already have
- You have peace of mind and are able to enjoy life more
Define “organized” on your own terms:
- Organized doesn’t mean pristine or perfect
- Organized means you can find what you need when you need it
- Let go of perfection and go for “organized enough”
My motivation to be organized is Peace of Mind What’s yours?