15 Jan Why Get Organized? Organize to Thrive
At this time of year people tend to bite off way more than they can chew. Resolutions don’t work….but identifying “why” can drive change. Ask yourself: “Why do I want to be more organized?”
- Do I want time to do more important things?
- Do I want to stop feeling burdened by my possessions?
- Do I need better balance in my life?
When you are clear about what’s important, figuring out what to do about it is easier:
- If you want time to do more important things, think about what you have to stop doing to make that time; surfing the internet, watching TV, being involved in a group that doesn’t serve you anymore.
- If you want to stop feeling burdened by your stuff start letting go of the things that you don’t use and love. When you realize that your stuff actually makes you feel worse you can stop buying things to make you feel better.
- If you need better balance in your life take an empty calendar page and pencil in what an ideal week would look like. Is it possible? What do you have to change?
Being organized isn’t something you do to just do, it’s something you do to get what you don’t have. Think about it in little steps and Organize to Thrive.